Part-Time Accounting Position for the Tennessee River Gorge Trust
The Tennessee River Gorge Trust (TRGT) is seeking a part-time accountant. The position will average 24 hours per week. Hourly rate will be $20 to $22 commensurate with experience. An Associate Degree or higher in accounting is preferred. Workdays can be flexible, but Monday, Wednesday and Friday are the preferred days. If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 20th, 2019.
Summary of General Duties and Responsibilities:
• This position works directly with the Executive Director.
• Consult with the Executive Director to ensure that all TRGT financial policies are current and aligned with best practices standards.
• Assist the Executive Director in preparing the annual budget.
• Maintain the TRGT general ledger in QuickBooks and record all activity, by:
o Entering all payables and receivables
o Entering and paying bills, pay employee reimbursements, process and deposit checks
o Recording monthly investment activity
o Recording monthly journal entries
o Tracking and paying property taxes annually
• Reconcile all bank and investment accounts monthly.
• Track TRGT financial status and prepare monthly financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
• Report the TRGT financial position on a regular basis to the Executive Director.
• Process TRGT payroll every two weeks.
• Serve as TRGT’s primary contact for all insurance needs.
• Responsible for State and Federal tax reporting, including:
o Form 941 Employer's Quarterly Federal Tax Return
o Form LB-0456 Tennessee Department of Labor Unemployment
o Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statements
o W-3 Wage and Tax Statements o Form 1099-MISC
o Form 1096 • Assist auditors with year-end audit.
• Prepare any requested financial information for annual report.
• File all required Tennessee Secretary of State reports and returns that are due annually, including the Charitable Renewal Form and the Nonprofit Corporation Annual Report.
• Assist with other duties as assigned.